What We Promise
Privacy is important to us. Rather than legalese, which often obscures the true meaning, we offer, in plain English, the following promises:
- The only information we will collect about individuals visiting ManagerWise will be information that we feel will increase the value of their visits.
- We will not use any information that we collect for anything other than the stated purpose(s).
- We will not sell, share or otherwise distribute information about an individual without the express permission of that individual. This promise includes e-mail addresses and all other information.
What We Cannot Promise
- There are places where you can post your email address on the ManagerWise site (examples include credits in book reviews, Knowledge Bank articles and the glossary). In all of these places, posting of your email along with your submission is optional. If you choose to include your email address, a visiting individual or automated program can easily pick up your e-mail address. It is impossible for us to govern how it is then used by others. When offered the opportunity to post your e-mail address somewhere on ManagerWise, consider whether the communication and promotional benefits outweigh the potential for spamming by unwanted third-parties.
- We have formed affiliations with other companies and include links to them from ManagerWise. We cannot make privacy promises on their behalf. If you are concerned about privacy, when you follow a link to one of our affiliate partners, please look for and read its privacy statement and act accordingly.
- Our demographic survey is administered by our advertising representative, BURST!Media. While we have confidence in its integrity, responsibility for the confidentiality of information provided in the survey lies with BURST!Media. All data in the survey, and the survey itself, are optional.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
One of the ad serving companies we use is Google. In particular, Google wants to make the following known about its DoubleClick DART cookie:
- Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our users based on their visit to our sites and other sites on the Internet.
Please direct any comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.